Adult Basketball Rules & Regulations
- The current official NFHS Rulebook will be used with exception of league adaptations.
- Teams must have at least 5 players on the roster before the first tip-off.
- If a team has less than the four player minimum, the game clock will start with a 10 minute grace period. After 10 minutes the game will be called a forfeit. If the fourth player arrives during the grace period, the game will begin with the time remaining on the clock.
- A team may start a game with a minimum of 4 players.
- Teams may play with 3 or 2 players until the opposing team compiles a 20 point or more advantage; if that occurs the game will be stopped.
- A game will consist of two – 20 minute halves.
- The clock shall stop on all violations only in the last 2 minutes of the second half.
- The clock will not stop during that period if one team leads by 20 or more points.
- Overtime shall consist of a 3-minute period.
- The clock shall stop on all violations during the overtime period.
- Dunking or hanging on the rim will result in a technical foul.
- The use of profanity will result in technical foul.
- The officials hold the right to issue a technical foul and/or eject any player from the game
- The scorekeeper is considered to be an official.
- Any player ejected from a game will face a suspension from the league. Suspension lengths will be determined by the league coordinator and the sportsmanship committee.
- Any player with two ejections in a season will be automatically suspended for the remainder of the season.
- All players must have a numbered uniform that they wear the entire game.
- If a team has a player that does not have a numbered uniform, the entire team must wear the numbered jerseys supplied by the scorer’s table.