Adult Volleyball Rules & Regulations
1. The official USA Volleyball Rules will be used with exception of league adaptations. Pre-2009 net rules will be enforced. Any contact with the net is not permitted.
2. Game time is forfeit time.
3. If a team does not have enough players for the first game of the match, the first game is forfeited. If after 10 minutes, the team does not have enough players, the remaining games are forfeited and counted as 25-0.
4. Matches will consist of 3 games to 25 points or 15 minutes.
5. Rally scoring points will be scored on each rally. If the receiving team wins the rally, they score the point and gain service.
6. If the leading team does not have a 2 point advantage, play shall continue until either team has a 2 point advantage. If the time limit has expired and the score is tied, play shall continue until a team has a 1 point advantage.
7. Each team is allowed two timeouts per match. The game clock runs during all time outs. No timeouts are allowed during the last two minutes of each match.
8. Coed leagues must have a minimum of 2 male and 2 female players to start. Teams may play with 5 players, 2 male or 3 female or vice-versa. The lineup must rotate male, female when using 4 or 6 players. If the ball is hit on the same side two or more times, it must be hit at least once by a female.
9. A ball hitting the ceiling may be played if the ball comes back into the court side of the team that hit the ball; except on serves or if the ball hitting the ceiling is the third hit by a team.
10. The referee is considered the official scorekeeper of the match.